Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner Review

I love toners, they have so many functions.  They're great to remove any excess cleanser, refresh skin, restore PH balance, set mineral makeup, cleanse skin in the AM or on a day when you're not wearing makeup, allow oils/serums/creams apply better, etc, etc.  After finishing my Pangea toner (sad face) last month, I decided to pick this one up since I've used it before and already know my skin enjoys it. Witch hazel is a natural astringent which is great for acne and other skin conditions, however, it's not as harsh as alcohol based toners.

Description: Stay Cool as a Cucumber, Whatever the Weather. THAYERS® Alcohol-Free Cucumber Witch Hazel with Organic Aloe Vera Formula Toner cooling essence has a deliciously serene effect on the body. Experience our formula for serenity now! • Fragrance-Free • Paraben-Free • Naturally Preserved • Hypoallergenic. 

Review: I love how soothing and non-drying this toner is.  I like to mix it with my Pretty clay mask for its astringent properties to help with any acne that I have.  The toner comes in a plastic bottle, however, the cap is not travel friendly.  It can easily open and/or leak causing a mess in your bag.  It happened to me, I'm just warning you.  It smells like fresh cucumbers, which I like because it's not a strong scent and doesn't linger but I've added a few drops of lavender essential oil to give it extra oomph!  I enjoy using it after I work out or during the day, as a cleanser, when I have no makeup on but feel my skin needs to be cleansed. I also use it nightly to remove excess makeup and cleanser, it works like a dream.  It doesn't strip my skin and leave it feeling dry, just soft and refreshed.  This toner also lasts a really long time and it super affordable for the size.

The alcohol free toners come in Cucumber, Unscented, Rose Petal, and Lavender.  Thayers also has toners with alcohol that comes in Original, Lemon, Peach, and Medicated. I have personally tried Cucumber (obviously), Rose Petal, Lavender and Peach.  Cucumber is by far my favourite because the scent is very light.  I find the other to be seriously obnoxious, they're just too strong smelling and Peach has alcohol which is drying and irritating to my skin.

Retails between approx. $9 and $13 CAN for 355ml.  I purchased mine at Healthy Planet, however, you can find it at just about any health food store or online retailer such as Well.ca.  Check out Thayers for more info.

Which Thayers toner have you or would like to try most?


Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS® proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...