Wednesday, December 05, 2012

November Haul and First Impressions!

I've been running/using up so many products lately that I thought it was time to pick up things that I needed and maybe one or two that I just plain wanted.  The Holiday season is approaching and what's better than a few gifts for yourself? Nothing!  I picked these products up in November and am late in posting, I know, but hauls are always fun and all of these products are new to me so maybe I'll even get some feedback from you guys!


For the first time ever, I've used up all of my body wash.  I still have soap but like to switch it up between soap and body wash because I enjoy both. Since I love Hugo Naturals bar soap, I thought why the heck not try their body wash?! I got it in Sweet Orange & Vanilla Body Wash because it smells delicious, like John Masters Blood Orange & Vanilla but a little lighter, half the price and more product.  JM is 8 fl oz and Hugo is 12 fl oz, just for reference. I really am loving this body wash thus far because it lathers so beautifully with my shower puff thing (don't know the technical term), smells divine and leaves my skin soft.  I want to try the Shea Butter & Oatmeal as it's probably more hydrating for Winter and if I see it on sale, it's mine!



I picked up the Evanhealy Blue Face Care kit which comes with Blue Lavender Cleansing Milk (loving so far), Lavender Facial Tonic Hydrosol (also loving), Rosehip Treatment Facial Serum -Blue (meh), Green Tea Clay (haven't tried) and Blue Chamomile Day Moisturizer (meh). Heard great things about this brand and had to try it out.




I needed toner to use in the am and to set makeup, this Pure Potent Wow Aromatherapy Mister looked interesting.  I really like how refreshing it is, wakes me and my skin right up!  I would love and am likely going to try it out in a few other scents, I got it in "Chill". Chill has essential oils of spearmint, lavender, blue chamomile as well as witch hazel, rose hydrosol and aloe.



I'm running out of my Pretty Clay Mask and thought I'd try some other sort of clay mask for fun.  I picked up Cocoon Apothecary Ancient Mud Facial Mask.  This stuff is very strong and makes my skin a little red.  I'm on the fence about it right now.



Lastly, I picked up some carrier and essential oils to play with.  I like using oil to remove makeup, at night as a serum, under moisturizer during the day and on my body and hair.  I wanted to try some new oils out and maybe do a few DIY serums and body oils.  I got jojoba and apricot kernal oil as my base oils and lavender and chamomile as my essential oils.  Both essential oils are calming and soothing which is great for my skin in the colder months but lavender is also a great sebum balancer.


That concludes my haul!

Did you spoil yourself a bit in November?  What have you picked up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...