Monday, December 10, 2012

Shea Terra Tamanu Oil Review

I love me some oil! I have raved about coconut oil, which is still amazing and I love it, but wanted to play around with other oils as well.  You don't know what's going to give you the best results unless you play a little. Oil party anyone?

Description: Shea Terra Organics' 100% Pure Tamanu Oil from Madagascar has nothing added and nothing taken away so you get maximum anti-acne, anti-aging, and anti-bacterial benefits. Shea Terra Organics' 100% Pure Tamanu Oil is flown in from a Madagascar forest saving project. The oil continues to work more effectively against bacterial and fungal infections than many anti-biotics. It has an amazing ability to help promote the formation of new tissue which makes it perfect for those suffering from acne, rashes, sunburn, insect bites and eczema, not to mention as a daily standby for razor nicks to speed healing and avoid scarring as well as anti-aging.

The Good:
  • wonderfully hydrating
  • reduces acne
  • multi use product
  • quickly heals any cuts or burns
  • great amount of product
  • dark coloured bottle preserves the oil
  • doesn't stain clothing or sheets even though it is a yellow coloured oil
The Bad:
  • smells awful
  • not a fan of the dropper. A pump would be less messy and easier to control the amount. 
Verdict:  I have been using this for the last month or so and have seen great results. I first began using it morning and night but now I just use it as a night serum and wake up with less acne, redness and my skin is radiant. If only I could stop touching my damn face now! Ugh, I have a problem which involves me constantly touching my face for no reason which then spreads bacteria which then causes acne.  You'd think I'd better right? I do, I just have a problem!  I also use it on any cuts or burns that I get and it works like a dream! The smell does linger and it is quite strong, beware lol. I absolutely hate the dropper and wish I had the option of a pump.  Online they show it as having a pump but Healthy Planet only had droppers. This oil is pretty thick so it gets all around the dropper instead of just in it and makes a mess on the bottle and releases too much oil.  You only need 2 - 3 drops for your entire face, neck and chest. I really like this oil and would definitely repurchase. I would only repurchase Shea Terra's version if the bottle came with a pump, otherwise I'd find a different one.
 
Retails for approx. $24 CAN for a 2 oz bottle.  Can be purchased in store at Healthy Planet or online at Shea Terra.

Have you heard of or tried Tamanu Oil?




Ingredients: 100% Pure tamanu oil

6 comments:

  1. Do you use lotion or cream after using the tamanu oil? I actually bought the whole set of tamanu products from Shea Terra, which are the Tamanu clarifying face wash, the tamanu oil and the Tamanu-E Cellular Regeneration Face Creme to fight acne on my face. But i found it a bit dry after i put on the oil and cream. Or I should say it's hard to massage it into my skin because my face is not smooth at all. Although there seems to be less breakout the next morning when i wake up, but my face is still oily in the morning and not smooth :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the morning, I use a moisturizer over top (still trying to find one I love). At night, I just mix my tamanu with some seabuckthorn and that's all. Maybe the face wash is drying you out? That's so strange. I would spritz your face with toner after washing it, then apply the tamanu, let it sink in and apply the moisturizer (or skip the moisturizer at night). Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. never heard of it..i think i need this oil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes you do! Lol. I don't recommend the shea terra one though, unless they change the bottle.

      Delete
  3. How do you compare it to emu oil? Or are you against animal derived product? Does tamanu oil deep penetrate like emu oil??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never tried emu oil and haven't heard much about it. I'm not entirely against animal derived products, just depends how it's "extracted" or what it's from (ex. animal fat).

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...