Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 2012 Empties!

Wowza, 2012 is coming to a very quick end and so is my product stash! I'm so excited to be finishing up old products so that I can start making my own! 2013 is going to be so fun. 

Here's what I finished this month, a little bare when compared to the last couple of months but still a good list I'd say. Most are samples or smaller items.

Skin Care


Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner (sample size) - review here - I go through these little bottles way too fast.  I really enjoyed using this toner as a setting spray for my mineral makeup because it's cheap and leaves my makeup looking so natural. I may purchase the full size if I come across it at any of my local health food stores but otherwise, I'm going to play with other toners.

Evanhealy Lavender Facial Tonic Hydrosol (sample size) - review to come - This was a lovely facial toner, despite the smell.  It was calming, soothing and hydrating but no better than any other lavender hydrosol I've tried.  I won't be purchasing the full size.

Evanhealy Rosehip Treatment Facial Serum BLUE (sample size) - review to come - Irritated my face but was great mixed in with my hand cream to soften and soothe dry, chapped knuckles and cuticles.  I won't be purchasing the full size.

Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit & Seed Oil Blend -review here - I loved and raved about this product at first but it began breaking me out and causing red bumps on my face.  I honestly think that my face just doesn't like rosehip oil because I started using it on my body and had no negative reactions whatsoever.  I am sad that I will not be repurchasing, however, I still highly recommend trying it.  On a brighter note, I have discovered new oils that my skin has been enjoying :).



Pretty Ginger & Cypress Soothing Mask - review here - Fantastic mask! I still love this so, so much and am sad that I used it all up.  It has been one of the most consistent products in my skin care routine.  I'm going to attempt to make my own clay masks for now but will likely repurchase it at some point.

Eminence Naseberry Treatment (sample size) - review here - In my mission to figure out which products don't work well for my skin, I decided to use one moisturizer at a time until I finish an entire sample/jar.  I quickly discovered that this was one of the products that doesn't work well for me, sadly.  It smells great and really hydrates my skin but it also causes red bumps.  Since I started using the Eminence Apricot Moisturizer (another sample in the Normal kit), I haven't had any irritations! I finished up the Naseberry Treatment by using it as a foot cream.  Safe to say that I will not be purchasing the full size.


Hygiene/Misc. Products


Sukin Purifying Shampoo -review here - My feelings for this product have been up and down.  I hated it, then liked it, then loved it and now don't like it again lol.  Can I make up my mind? Yes! I don't like it.  It's drying and irritating to my scalp. I stand by my initial statement of it being more of a once a week shampoo to give my hair and scalp a deep clean.  I will not be purchasing the full size.

Kiss my Face Toothpaste - review here - This is my all time favourite toothpaste.  It tastes good, lathers well, great texture and leaves my teeth whiter and brighter! As much as I love it, it's way too expensive to be purchasing every single month.  I have been trying something new and it seems rather promising! Hopefully I won't have to repurchase this again, although it holds a very special place in my heart!

Mary Ginseng House Pain Relieving Cream (sample size) - review here - I never actually gave a proper review of this product because I never used it consistently enough to see if it made a difference.  Since starting my seasonal retail job, my knees and ankles have needed a little extra loving.  My body wasn't used to standing for 8+ hours and since I have been pretty inactive, that made it worse.  This cream has been amazing! I used it at almost every night before bed and noticed a difference with continued use. It really helped soothe and calm any inflammation that I was feeling.  I'm not sure if I will purchase the full size, since it's a little hard to find at my health food store, but it's always a possibility.


Makeup


Priori Coffeeberry Mineral Foundation - review here - I finally finished this damn foundation.  I don't like it but found it worked better when mixed with my Alima Pure Foundation.  It doesn't wear very long and emphasizes any dryness that I have on my face. I will not be repurchasing again.

Alima Pure Lip Balm in Mango - review here - I am really happy to be done with this lip balm.  I enjoy Alima balms but not this colour.  I did enjoy the colour for a bit there but dislike it again lol.  What a month of confusing empties huh?  It made my lips look like a sparkly penny than a nice tint, ugh yuck! I won't be repurchasing this shade again.

MarieNatie Lip Gloss - review here - This was my go-to gloss while on the sales floor.  It was so hydrating and glossy that my lips always looked (and felt) so soft and healthy.  It tasted amazing and looked fantastic over any lip colour, as well as just my bare lips. I have another one to use it but will likely pick up MarieNatie gloss in the future!

That wasn't so bad, was it? What have you finished up this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...