Monday, December 10, 2012

Nourish Fresh Fig Deodorant Review

Nobody wants to be stinky and it's hard to find a natural deodorant that can keep you stink free most of the day and nourish your underarms.  I still use my Dr. Mist but find it can be drying with continued use.  So now I'm stink free but my underarms are flaking, how attractive.  I came across Nourish at Big Carrot and after reading some reviews, I decided to try it out.  They have a few different scents; Fresh Fig, Almond Vanilla, Lavender Mint, Unscented and Wild Berries.  Fresh Fig's sweet but light scent stood out to me most.

Description: Lightly scented with organic fig and apricot, this blend of naturally deodorizing cornstarch and vegetable protein, soothing shea and cocoa butters, beeswax, and coconut oil leaves you feeling fresh all day, every day.

The Good:
  • smells delicious!
  • hydrating and nourishing
  • creamy after the first week or so (see the bad)
  • hasn't left any residue or stains on my tops
The Bad:
  • gritty for the first week.  It felt like my underarms were getting exfoliated and it kind of hurt, not gonna lie!
  • need to reapply multiple times (morning, afternoon and night) especially if I'm running around doing errands or working out
  • doesn't keep me from smelling like BO.  Mmmm, the sweet scent of BO *gags*
Verdict: This is not a winner for me, sadly.  I know it's not supposed to stop sweat but it would be great if it could at least keep me from wanting to throw up when I get a whiff of my BO.  This works great if I'm literally doing nothing, but who does nothing on most days? I sure don't. I DO, however, enjoy this in conjunction with Dr. Mist.  I get odor protection from Dr. Mist and a little nourishment from Nourish (pun intended).  While I won't repurchase, I would love to try out some of their other products such as hand soap, body lotion and body scrub!

Retails for approx. $8 CAN for 2.2oz.  I purchased mine at Big Carrot but it can be purchased online as well through Nourish.

What have you tried from Nourish?



Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Corn Starch, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Saccharomyces Ferment, Organic Fragrance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...