Monday, July 02, 2012

Clarisonic Mia 2 Review

For months I read reviews on the Clarisonic trying to decide whether to invest or not. While there were so many amazing reviews, there was always that one negative review that held me back.  Finally, I decided to just do it!  I went to www.spaboutique.ca and ordered the Clarisonic Mia 2.  What sold me on the Mia 2 is that it had 2 years warranty, a travel case and timer (20 secs forehead, 20 secs chin, 10 secs each cheek - takes the guess work out of it) for an additional $30 maybe..I can't remember now to be totally honest.  Both Mias come with a magnetic charger that attaches to the bottom of the hand piece.  The classic Clarisonic has a counter top charger, not very travel friendly if you ask me!

Claim: Our Clarisonic Sonic Skin Cleansing Systems work together to cleanse, smooth and refresh the appearance of your skin with immediately noticeable results. These professional-recommended products are gentle enough for all skin types and provide improved effectiveness compared to manual methods.

It really does do a brilliant job of cleansing, smoothing and refreshing the skin.  I don't regret the purchase BUT it's too harsh to use daily (on my skin).  I purchased it back in January and started using it once daily, loved the results I was getting so I started using it morning and night...big mistake.  My skin soon became irritated and even more dry than it already was.  I cut it down to once or twice a week and my skin went back to normal.  Since my skin is now more oily, I use it every other day.  I should of mentioned that I use the sensitive brush head that came with it.  My mom purchased the normal brush head and used my hand piece with her brush head regularly and LOVES it.

So, how I use it.  I remove my makeup with coconut oil, then I put my cleanser (whichever that may be at the time) on my face and wet the Clarisonic, start it up and start deep cleansing my skin to remove all excess makeup and oil. I apply it gently to each area of my face based on the timer.  You can't/shouldn't press too hard because it won't allow the brush to work like it's supposed to.  Once the minute is up, I clean my brush with a little soap and water (because washing it once a week just isn't an option for me, that's gross I think), rinse my face and then pat dry.  TA-DAAA, fresh faced.  It's an expensive item, but well worth it.  I'm glad I splurged and purchased it.  I'd recommend purchasing from Sephora because if you don't like it, you can return it.  I can't imagine you would return it as it's just such a great product.  You just need to take the time to figure out how often your skin can handle it and which brush works best for your skin.

Retails for approx. $149 and can be purchased at Sephora and Spa Boutique.  Check out www.clarisonic.com for more dealers and info.

What do you think of the Clarisonic?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...