Monday, July 02, 2012

Yarok Feed Your Ends Leave-In Conditioner Review

I actually purchased this from http://www.hipapotheca.com/ for $23 CAN for 8 oz because I was looking for a leave-in conditioner and received a discount code.  I read some reviews on this brand and most people seemed to like it.  I hate to say it, but I'm not impressed.

Claim: Prevent damage from heat syling while helping prevent global warming.  Protect your ends from with this nutritious, leave-in conditioner spray, packed with vitamins, minterals and essential oils that nourish hair prior to blow drying or heat styling and join Yarok in helping protect one of the world's greatest natural resources, the Amazon Rainforest.

Okay, that all sounds really great and I'm glad they're trying to make the world a better place BUT this product is horrible.  First off, it does not detangle.  Leave-in conditioners generally tend to detangle the hair when you put it in your hair, not this.  If I use a million sprays, then yes but it then leaves my hair feeling like a giant grease slick.  Second, as a heat protectant it works alright, I guess.  It's weird though, it adds a film to my hair and makes it super greasy by the end of the day even if I only use like 4 sprays (not even on my roots).  I am just not a fan.  It smells great and the scent doesn't linger, if it ends up not being your cup of tea, but I will not repurchase.  I think that this product would be better for those with thicker, dry or curly hair.  I definitely think it would help restore moisture and add a beautiful shine but for fine hair, it just doesn't work. I currently use it as a scalp treatment because I don't want to throw it out.  Not sure it's actually doing anything for my scalp but as long as I'm using it up, that's what matters lol.
Is there a better way of using this product? What Yarok product do you love?

For more information, visit http://www.yarokhair.com/


Ingredients: Nourishing Vitamin Water, Organic Jojoba Oil (excellent conditioner, makes hair feel silky), Organic Olive Oil (moisturizes and heals damaged hair, tames frizzy, dry or tangled hair), Organic Grapeseed Oil (helps prevent hair loss), Organic Apricot Oil (conditions and softens hair), Organic Evening Primrose Oil (moisturizes hair and scalp, high in essential fatty acids, helps prevent hair loss), Plant Sourced Kosher Vegan Xanthan Gum/Potassium Sorbate (all natural preservative), Organic Essential Oils of Rosemary (nourishes the scalp, promotes hair growth, strengthens hair) and Litsea Cubeba (tones the scalp and adds pleasant scent)

2 comments:

  1. I actually really love this leave-in conditioner! It adds the right amount of shine to my ends and does not leave it feeling greasy (and I have really fine and brittle hair!) wish it worked out for you. I also wish the smell stayed longer cuz it smells refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot figure out how to make it work but I'm thrilled to hear that someone with fine hair loves it! Just goes to show that things work different for everyone :) xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...