Friday, July 06, 2012

DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 Review

I first heard about DeVita from, the book, Ecoholic Body.  Great book by the way, highly recommend.  It's weird because I spend so much time at Big Carrot and never saw this line, maybe I saw the price tag first lol.  Adria Vasil said that DeVita was her top choice for SPF so I marched (I actually drove, but same idea) down to Big Carrot in search of this supposedly amazing sunscreen.  They were all out of the Solar Body Block SPF 30 so I asked them to call me when it came in.  The girl there, forgot her name or probably never even got it, told me about their facial SPF moisturizer.  I tried it on my hand and was immediately sold.  She told me that it wouldn't break me out because there was no oil in the product.

Claim: A moisturizing daytime cream and sun block all in one! Formulated specifically for those sensitive to breakouts. Absorbs quickly, and yet leaves the skin nourished and feeling soft and smooth. Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with a USFDA Monograph Sun Protection Factor Determination test level of 32. NO NANO TECHNOLOGY! (average particle size is 240 nm). DeVita skin care products are 100 percent Vegan and Paraben Free. They are considered Gluten Sensitive Safe and never contain GMO's. DeVita products are never tested on animals (only humans!).

Umm, hi, awesome!  This is so wonderful and I am beyond thrilled with the purchase.  I was using Coola, which I should probably review at some point, and it would break me out.  I still used it but I would get cystic type acne by the end of the day, I could literally feel it coming.  This is such a nice, light moisturizer.  It hydrates without creating any sort of greasy feel or look and provides sun protection.  It doesn't really smell like anything.  I know "doesn't really smell like anything" usually means it smells like the sweet scent of "unscented" crap.  You know, when you smell something that's unscented and it smells horrible but you can't determine what you can compare it to?  This has a very light scent of sunblock, not coconut but just a nice light scent that doesn't linger.  I apply my Weleda Soothing Almond Lotion, then this, then my 100% Pure Primer and then my makeup.  Sounds like it might be too much, but it all absorbs so well into my skin.  I really just cannot say enough good things about this product, I will continue repurchasing as it is now my go-to holy grail SPF!  I will also be purchasing the body version this weekend and will review after trying it out for a couple of weeks.

Retails for approx. $35 CAN for 75ml/2.5oz and worth every penny.  Check out www.devitaskincare.com for more info.  It can definitely be purchase at The Big Carrot www.bigcarrot.ca.

What's your holy grail SPF for face?





Ingredients: NO NANO TECHNOLOGY! (average particle size is 240 nm).
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 19%. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aloe barbadensis (certified organic aloe vera gel), Purified Water (aqua), Capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), Glycerin (vegetable), Hyaluronic acid (vegan source), Glyceryl stearate SE (derived from vegetable oil), Stearic acid, Lecithin phospholipid, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Allantoin, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract. Ingredient labeling adheres to international INCI standards.

4 comments:

  1. I really love DeVita products, especially this sunscreen. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why but mine looks way whiter and more like a lotion than that....
    :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they had some batch issues/changes. Brianna, iluvjesse444, contacted them. If I wasn't responding from my phone I'd post the link..fail. Contact DeVita or check out one of Brianna's most recent videos :)

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...