Monday, July 30, 2012

EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint Review

I caved into the YouTube craze of EOS lip balms and purchased Sweet Mint months ago.  By now, if you follow me, you'll know I'm a lip balm fanatic so it only made sense I'd try this out.

Claim: EOS lip balm is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth. Long-lasting moisture, shea butter & vitamin E, smoothes on clear, smooth sphere precisely glides on to lips, twist-off top, gluten-free, paraben-free, petrolatum-free, phthalate-free, not tested on animals.

It's a neat little sphere that looks pretty cool, I actually enjoy the packaging.  However, the packaging is a bit of a con to me as well.  I'm not able to easily fit this in a small clutch/wristlet.  I loved the texture/formula for about two weeks, then I just didn't care for it anymore.  It didn't make my lips any softer and it's just too waxy for my liking.  I want my lip balm to be buttery and easily glide across my lips.  I don't want to have to work it on my lips until it warms up and melts because the skin on your lips is quite thin.  As it wore down, it got softer...weird? I thought so too.  I dunno, I won't repurchase this.  I love the scent and taste of it, it's definitely a sweet mint flavour which is totally enjoyable but it's just not the best of lip balms.

Retails for approx. $3.99 CAN and can be purchased just about anywhere now, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall/Pharma Plus, Well.ca, Walmart, and so on.


Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax (Cire D’abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Tocopherol, Limonene1, Linalool1. 1Component of Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*. *Organic. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth. Patent Pending.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Average product with not real effect. Check out Buddha Balm if you want something that works. Their stuff is crazy good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see someone agrees! All I've found are raves on this balm. I'll definitely have to try Buddha Balm, it looks interesting and the flavours seem delicious.

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...