Monday, July 30, 2012

LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant Review

This is the yummiest smelling line of natural deodorants that I have ever encountered, seriously, didn't think delicious deodorants existed (unless they were chemically/synthetically scented).  That's about all I enjoyed about it though.  I purchased the Vanilla Passion Fruit scent.

Claim: A clinical-strength deodorant that is 100 percent natural, safe, and effective.  LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant uses beta-glucan technology to effectively fight odor while soothing, conditioning, and strengthening the skin. It goes on clean, with no sticky wetness, and delivers long-lasting, luxurious results.  Containt no parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, phthalates, aluminum or mineral oils.

It definitely soothes and conditions, it feels wet going on actually which I didn't like.  It quickly dried to a powder like finish.  It doesn't go on clean, it leaves a white film which is easily transferable to clothing which is another con for me.  I LOVEEEED the scent but it wasn't very effective in keeping me smelling delicious all day and I felt and  actually was sweaty after about 30 minutes of wearing this.  The packaging is beautiful but it's really big (hard to keep in my purse because of the size).  It rolls up and down like any other deodorant.  For $23, I expected so much more.  I ended up returning this to Sephora and will not be repurchasing.

Retails for $23 CAN and can only be purchased at Sephora.  Check out www.lavanila.com/ for more info.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Juice, Water), Propanediol (Corn Derived), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Sodium Stearate (Coconut Derived), Silica, Carrageenan (Seaweed Derived), Stearyl Behenate (Coconut Derived), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel Oil), Inulin (Artichoke Derived), Saccharomyces Ferment, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide (Sugar Derived), Yeast Beta Glucan, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Valeriana Officinalis Root Extract (Valerian), Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Botanical Fragrance Blend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently using this stuff in the vanilla scent and I'd say it keeps me fresh for a good part of the day...but by 5pm, I'm not smelling so good. I've tried Schmidt's deo in a tub and that sort of left me with similar results. Are there any natural deos that last past 5pm? Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...