Saturday, June 16, 2012

Andalou Naturals Fruit Stem Cell Revitalize Serum Review

As you may have read, I really enjoyed Andalou's Meyer Lemon cleanser, but I did not enjoy this product.  It hurts me to put up a bad review but my story must be told! Preach it!  Dramatic? Yes.

Claim: Highly concentrated Resveratrol Q10, Advanced Fruit Stem Cells and BioActive 8 Berry Complex, create a potent portfolio of antioxidants to slow cellular damage, stimulating circulation and healthy cell renewal for improved dermal structure and soft, smooth, ageless beauty.

First off, it's such a tiny bottle.  It would likely last a month, for someone who uses it morning and night.  Second, it made me break out like a champ.  Some may argue that it's supposed to do that because it stimulates circulation and promotes cell renewal, but no.  I have used acids (glycolic, lactic, AHAs, etc) and have not broken out into cystic, painful acne as I did using this product.  I used this for about 2 weeks, morning and night, and my skin just got worse and worse.  The texture is slightly runny, but thicker than water. It has an odd scent, a little fruity but not really. It didn't sting or burn my skin upon application.  I read some fab reviews and I'm disappointed that it didn't work for me. I don't doubt that this product will work for some (or many), it's still worth trying out.  Just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't become a holy grail product for you.  I obviously will not repurchase and actually ended up returning.

Have you tried this serum?  What are your thoughts?

Retails for approx. $25 CAN.  Check out http://andalou.com/ for more information.



Since I returned the product, I didn't think to take a picture - picture taken directly from Andalou Naturals
                                                  
Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Aqua, Polysorbate 60, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Juice, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos), Hibiscus Rosa-Sinensis Extracts and Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extracts*†, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Vegetable Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Olive Squalane, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis (Myrtle) Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Malus Domestica (Apple), Solar Vitis (Grape) and Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Stem Cell Cultures and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Resveratrol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Glyceryl Monolaurate, Borago Officinalis (Borage) and Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Oils*, Grapeseed Polyphenols, Linum Usitatissimum (Flax) and Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oils*, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter*, Laminaria Digitata (Kelp), Allantoin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil*
*Organic
† Fair Trade
Made naturally without sulfates, GMO, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, synthetic fragrance, colors or preservatives. pH Balanced & Hypo-Allergenic. Vegetarian & Cruelty Free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...