Thursday, August 02, 2012

Antipodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream Review

Antipodes so kindly sent me a few sample packages of the Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream along with their amazing lip balm a few weeks ago.  Yet again, it's been a pleasure.

Claim:  There’s no better way to resurrect your skin that with the superior restorative qualities of 100% pure avocado oil.  This facial night cream also features calendula oil from marigold petals highly regarded throughout history for its healing and repairing properties. Active manuka honey soothes and moistens your skin. Potent antioxidant Vinanza Grape© helps neutralize free radical damage.
Scientifically shown to stimulate synthesis of collagen production in human cells by up to 92%.

This is a VERY moisturizing cream as most night creams tend to be. I had to use it sparingly because my skin is combo in the summer and I found this to be a tad heavy for me right now.  It's HOOOTTT here in Canaduh (that is not a typo)!  I will say that it got rid of any dry patches that I had (on my forehead and nose) and soothed my slightly pink skin, but I also woke up greasy.  I usually wake up greasy/oily in the summer whether or not I put something on my skin so I don't blame the cream entirely.  I am not a fan of patchouli and although this smells very much like it, I didn't completely mind.  If you're sensitive to scents/smells, this is definitely not for you.  The smell lingers and it doesn't go away..ever...just kidding!  It really does linger though.  I think this would work best on normal to dry skin types and in the winter for myself.  I will be saving a couple of packages for when it gets cooler here.  My skin goes bonkers in the winter and I think this could potentially be a life saver when that happens.

Retails for approx. $46 CAN for 60ml.  Check out www.antipodesnature.us for more info.  It can be purchased through www.hipapotheca.com, www.spaboutique.ca, www.ebeauty.ca and Whole Foods.

Have you tried this fragrant night cream?



Ingredients: Water, Shea Butter, Squalene, Avocado Oil, Manuka Honey, Macadamia Nut Oil, Calendula Oil, Coconut Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Lecithin, Glucono Lactone, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Gluconate, Vinanza Grapeseed Extract, Fragrances Of: Sandalwood Oil, Patchouli Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Components of Essential Oil: Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, D-Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...