Monday, April 29, 2013

April 2013 Empties!

Well hello there lovies! It's that time of the month again, not THAT time of the month but empties time of the month! As usual, I have gone through too many things and I'm just going to jumping right in.

Skin Care

Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser - review here - I love this cleanser so much and it lasted me just under 4 months. I used it on my face and upper body to help exfoliate, control break outs and make my skin soft. I have not yet repurchased because I'm doing daily facials at school and really cannot use the additional exfoliation that this cleanser provides. I will repurchase at some point.

Tamanu Oil - review here - Tamanu oil is a must have oil for all skin types and conditions. It works well to hydrate and heal (acne, scratches, burns, etc). I have already repurchased.

Weleda Refining Toner - review here - I didn't finish this, I dumped it. I tried it, my mom tried it, my 16 year old cousin tried it, my friend tried it and we all hated it. We all have different skin types and conditions but found this to burn and irritate our skin. I will not repurchase.

Apricot Kernel Oil - no review - I'm not sure why I never did a review but I love AKO for moisturizing. I've used it in my hair, in my cleansing oil, as a moisturizer, etc, and find it works amazingly well without breaking me out. I will repurchase this as soon as I finish some of my other oils.

Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes - review here - Not getting into this again lol. I don't like it and I won't repurchase.

Body/Hair Care

Lush Massage Bar - review here - I really like the idea of these as a solid body butter but I cannot stand the smell of this bar anymore. It literally makes me nauseous every time I catch a whiff. I'm tossing it and won't repurchase.

Weleda Calendula Lotion - review disappeared - I know I wrote a review, but I can't find it now :S. It's really moisturizing and has a light fresh scent. Sadly, I went through this so darn quickly. I may repurchase at some point, but not right now.

Hugo Shower Gel in Vanilla & Sweet Orange - review here - This wash is absolutely fantastic! I love that it gently cleanses, lathers nicely, and smells nice. I'm sort of sick of vanilla & sweet orange scents now, and have so much soap to use up, but I'd repurchase one of their body washes again.

Hugo Shea Butter & Oatmeal Soap - review here - Hands down the best soaps that I have ever tried, not much else to say. I have a few Christmas scented bars that I'm using now and will definitely repurchase.

Badger Antioxidant Hair Oil - review here - Such a lovely hair oil. Both my hair and scalp enjoyed when I used this and it's something I'd repurchase.

Lafe's Crystal Deodorant - review here - This deodorant works, but...the crystal fell off the base and apparently potassium alum is a questionable ingredient. I will not repurchase.

Makeup

Alima Pure Lipbalm in Rhubarb - review here - I had such a love/hate relationship with these balms. They offer a limited number of beautiful shades but, the balm itself becomes gritty after awhile of use (when it wears down) which makes application uneven. I didn't even finish this balm because it was so soft and gritty that it literally felt like using an old glue stick except moisturizing. Know what I mean? An old glue stick starts to clump and not apply evenly? I won't be repurchasing.

Randoms

Pukka Cleanse Tea & Green Tea - no review - I love Pukka tea soooo much. Their teas are so smooth tasting and just beautiful to drink. Cleanse had a mild peppermint taste which grew on me and I'd definitely repurchase. Green Tea was just lovely and I've already repurchased it, along with Harmonise.

I debated on putting the next two in there, only because they are so random. I, personally, love seeing what brands and types of supplements others are taking and thought maybe there would be a couple of others who are the same.

Udo's Choice Flora Probiotic Super 8 Plus - no review - We've all heard about how great probiotics are for your digestion and overall intestinal health. This is my second month taking these and have noticed a massive change in my digestion. I take iron supplements, which can be hard on my tummy causing constipation, bloating and upset stomach. I'm not bloated at all anymore and am much more regular. You can read more about this particular probiotic here.

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Iron - no review - I've had low iron for many years now, even before I gave up meat. I've tried just eating foods high in iron and found it wasn't enough, so I take a supplement. This brand is fantastic because they're vegan, raw, and from what I was told, they're whole food. Whole food means the vitamins and minerals come from plant sources which means your body can better absorb it, correct me if I'm wrong. I really enjoyed these but I'm trying a new brand now. You can read more about this supplement here.

It's not over yet, I have a part 2 coming! It'll be the samples that I finished this month :).

What full sized products have you finished?

6 comments:

  1. I bought tamanu oil because you talked so highly about it and i use it like you but it just doesn't agree with my skin :( it gives me dry patches and flakies :( i hope it will be better in the summer but in the meantime i'll just use my beloved coconut oil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg no way! I'm so sorry! I really hope it ends up working in the summer for you. Try using it as a spot treatment and see if that makes a difference..not that your flawless skin has anything to spot treat but still lol. xo!

      Delete
    2. Don't apologize, it's ok! :) I'll still wanna buy everything you like :P haha flawless skin, yeah right :D xx

      Delete
    3. Lol you're too funny and yes, flawless skin! Beautiful, procelain, flawless skin!

      Delete
  2. I love that you included the teas and supplements--I always like to read up on what other naturalistas are using each month!

    I remember your review of those towelettes--what a horror! The AKO sounds nice. I haven't really gotten into using oils yet since but I might try some next winter when my skin and hair get drier.

    I know what you mean about lip balms feeling like glue sticks after a while. I've tried some in the past that I wound up pitching before I used them up because of the texture change! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo, I'm not alone then!

      Oils are fantastic, you must MUST try them. It takes forever to find oils that work for your skin though, I will say that much.

      It drives me nuts when the texture changes and even more nuts when every other person loves the lip product and hasn't noticed a change in texture. UGH lol. xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...