Thursday, November 29, 2012

Alima Pure Foundation in Warm 2 Review

After being so impressed with the Alima bronzer and lip balms, I decided to try their foundation.  I needed a new one anyway and prefer mineral powder over all others because they look more natural (on me anyway).  It was really hard to decide what colour to get since swatches all looked fairly different online and with all the redness in my face, I didn't want a pink toned shade. So I figured out what undertone would best suit my needs and went from there.

Alima Pure has the following 6 different foundation undertone types:

COOL: Your skin tends to be pinkish, and you burn rather than tan in the sun. If your skin is a bit deeper, your tan tends to be reddish rather than brown.

NEUTRAL: Your tone is peachy without obvious yellow or pink tones. You either burn immediately or burn and then tan slightly.

BEIGE: Your colouring is beige-peach with a touch of yellow, and you may tan a bit.

WARM: You have noticeable peach-to-yellow undertones and tend to tan easily. If you are very pale, you may still burn a bit at first. Your tan tends to be warm golden brown.

GOLDEN: You have a rich yellow skin tone without a hint of pink or beige. You tend to tan easily, unless you are very pale.

OLIVE: Your skin tone is beige without a hint of pink or yellow (like café au lait). You probably tan easily, even if you are pale.

I decided to go with warm 2 because of the obvious yellow undertone and I'm glad that I did.

Description: Silky, weightless, and easy to apply, Alima Pure's Satin Matte Foundation evens out skin tone, enhances your complexion, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and pores. This award-winning formula is free of irritants, nano-particles, dyes, fillers, bismuth oxychloride, glutens, and toxins. Minerals form a protective barrier on the surface of the skin rather than cross the dermal barrier as some liquid cosmetics do. Mineral makeup works well for both oily and dry skin.

Review: Warm 2 is a bit light for me but I love how it completely reduces any redness on my face. I'd honestly rather my foundation be lighter and warm it up with bronzer, than have it be too dark. It doesn't enhance any dry patches and looks really natural when I spritz it with some toner.  The packaging is so cute, the box has such a beautiful design and it's recyclable.  I LOVE that the foundation has a stopper, to avoid the powder from going all over the place, and wish that the bronzer had the same thing. It's smaller than I expected, which is great for travelling, and a little goes a long way. I'd say the coverage is medium, very buildable though and more can be used on blemishes/imperfection. This foundation lasts all day and I only touch up if I'm going out at night.  A light dusting of it all over my face usually does the trick.  I apply it with my EcoTools Bronzer Brush and just love the combo of the two.  It is my new HG foundation, I highly recommend everyone try it and I will definitely be repurchasing.

Retails for approx. $25 CAN and can be purchased through Fresh Faced or Alima Pure.  I'm sure there are other retailers but I just love Fresh Faced.







Ingredients: Titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, mica.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...