Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shea Terra Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Shea Butter Review

I love Shea Terra, I just love them. Love, love, love!  I haven't been disappointed with any of their products, that I mentioned in my haul, thus far and that really excites me. It's getting chilly in Canada and Jack Frost will soon be nipping at my nose. Someone should tell Jack Frost that's just rude, you don't nip at someone's nose! Cold = dry skin, and my skin is beginning to get pretty dry.  I needed a very hydrating body cream/butter to get me through these freezing days and am thrilled that I picked up this Whipped Shea Butter from Shea Terra.

Description: Nothing protects skin or makes it look more beautiful than pure shea butter. Wild harvested from the dry, African savannah, this natural, sustainable butter offers hours of moisturizing, healing relief. The high concentration of shea butter used in Shea Terra Organics Ultimate Moisturizing Body Creme softens skin while reducing rashes, scaling, stretch marks, and a multitude of other skin conditions. Combined with real Bourbon vanilla, our Ultimate Moisturizing Body Creme is a premium source for healthy, beautiful and younger looking skin.

Yummmmmmmm vanilla! I love all things vanilla and coconut, whether separate or mixed together.  This whipped shea butter is just delicious without being sickening sweet.  The scent is so light once applied to the skin and although it doesn't linger all day, I love it. This creamy goodness is incredibly hydrating and massages into the skin with ease. It keeps my skin moisturized all day long, no dry patches! A little goes a long way and therefore, I think it's definitely worth the price.  I would have preferred a pump instead of the glass jar, but I know it's a bit impossible because of how thick it is.  The jar is super heavy and not practical to travel with unless suitcase weight is not an issue.

The Rooibos & Berries Whipper is just as lovely as the Bourbon Vanilla in terms of hydration BUT (big but) it's absolutely not worth the price for the amount that you get. It's almost a third of the price for a crumb of the amount.  I'm being dramatic, but not really lol.  It's totally not worth it and I love minis.  The scent is not what I expected but luckily it doesn't linger.  It's a weird sweet and not as berry-like as I was hoping it would be. I keep this little jar in my purse to use on my dry hands.

I love this whipped shea butter, highly recommend and would definitely repurchase the larger jar! I really want to try Mango, White Chocolate, Gingered Pumpkin and Bananas and Baobos.

Retails for approx. $18.99 for 9oz/255ml or $6.99 for 1oz/29ml.  They can be purchased in store at Healthy Planet or online at Shea Terra.

Both sizes come in the following scents:


  • Bourbon Vanilla
  • Rooibos Berries
  • Menthe cardamom
  • White Chocolate
  • Marula
  • Gingered Pumpkin
  • Cape Lavender
  • Pink Guavas and Pomegranates
  • Bananas and Baobos
  • Cape Chamomile
  • Frankincense Meditation
  • Mango



  • Which scent would you like to try most?




    Ingredients Bourbon Vanilla: 99.7% natural. Pure spring water (no recycled water), USDA certified organic shea butter (butyrospermum parkii), natural emulsifying wax NF, vanilla extracts (vanilla planifolia), naturally based preservative (glucono delta-lactone, sodium benzoate)

    Ingredients Rooibos & Berries: 99.7% naturals. Pure spring water (no recycled water), USDA certified organic shea butter (butyrospermum parkii), natural emulsifying wax NF, certified organic rooibos tea, natural berry extract, naturally based preservative (glucono delta-lactone, sodium benzoate), less than 0.1% natural fruit/vegetable coloring (natural coloring fades over time)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for the comment/feedback!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...