Sunday, November 18, 2012

Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Face Wash and Mask Review

That title is a mouthful eh? My skin has been going through hell lately with all of the products that I have been using, so I thought why not add another product to the mix? lol.  I have my moments. I read what it's supposed to do for your skin as well as rave reviews online and couldn't help but try it out.

Description: Based on an ancient African formula, using REAL African Black Soap, this wash works like microdermabrasion to get rid of dead skin, even skin tone, firm skin and fight acne. Look younger in just minutes of use. South African Rose Hips Oil calms skin and works wonders on maturing skin.

I have to start off with the packaging, I love it.  I love the label really, it's super pretty.  The product comes in a dark glass bottle which isn't travel friendly, but I don't mind pumping some into a travel container. I like the pump because it allows me to dispense as much or as little product as I want.  I can't really explain the scent of this product, it's sort of  masculine, but I like it.  It's not a strong scent and it doesn't linger, so if scent is an issue, it should be fine. 

The first time that I used this product I rubbed it all over my face, left it on for 5 minutes and rinsed.  My skin was instantly brighter, softer and a bit red. It tingles when applied, especially if you have any acne at all, those areas tingle more.  It removes face makeup really well , however, I don't and haven't tried using it on my eyes.  I do notice that my skin is brighter and some of my acne scars seem to be fading but since this is such a powerful product, my skin is getting a bit dried out. That being said, I have started using this as a mask 2 - 3 times a week instead of a face wash and I love it even more.  I would repurchase and do recommend giving it a try if you can get your hands on it.

Retails for approx $18.99 for 4 oz and can be purchase through Shea Terra or in stores at Healthy Planet.

Have you tried this Shea Terra black soap face wash or any other black soap?



 
Ingredients: deionized water, Yoruban black soap (cocoa pod ash, plaintain peel ash, palm kernel oil, camwood bark), certified organic shea butter, certified organic coconut oil, potassium hydroxide (electrocuted salts- what makes oil into soap), certified organic rose hips oil, rose hips fruit, aloe ferox, rooibos tea, kigellia africana, certified organic marshmallow root, licorice root

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I love this stuff too. Shea Terra overall has some great products that I'm addicted to. I agree that this one could be too drying to use all the time. It is also relegated to occasional mask usage for me - especially when my skin needs a bit of extra brightening and exfoliating. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...