Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Jane Iredale Disappear™ Concealer with Green Tea Extract Review

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned needing a new concealer, if not, I need needed a new concealer.  I am still using the Origins one for under my eyes but wanted a different one to conceal redness, blemishes and acne (aka picking) scars a bit better.  As the boyfriend and I were walking around Niagara-on-the-Lake, we came across Sanctuary Day Spa which carries the Jane Iredale line.  I applied a bit of the Disappear Concealer and walked around the town to see how it set/looked after an hour or so.  I liked it, so my boyfriend bought it for me as a surprise!

Description: This camouflage cream is so packed with pigment that it will even cover black tattoos! Better yet, Disappear won't just cover breakouts but will also help them to disappear permanently.
  • Liposome-based formula
  • Green tea extract is an antioxidant, and has also been documented to combat acne bacteria
  • Patented applicator allows application with or without a brush
  • Promotes faster healing time for pimples
  • Nourishes with seaweed and green tea extracts
  • Superoxide dismutase, a copper-containing protein enzyme, decomposes free radicals
I got mine in the shade 'light' because of its strong yellow undertones.  I find yellow works best for concealing any redness in my skin. I like that the concealer is in a squeeze tube because it's hygienic but don't enjoy the felt tip applicator that the product comes out of. I squeeze some on my hand anyway but I feel like the felt soaks up some of the product. It should have been plastic, just saying!

This concealer has a very creamy and thick texture, which can be a little hard to work with at times.  I find that adding a touch of moisturizer really helps thin out the product and allows it to apply amazingly well with just about anything (brushes, fingers, etc). Also in doing this, the coverage is easily buildable yet still incredibly natural looking.  I just apply my mineral foundation over top and I'm good to go. When I read that it helps heal blemishes quicker, I didn't believe it but I do now!  I swear this product really does help clear up any acne.

Now that I've figured out the best way of applying this concealer, I am enjoying it.  Not sure if I would repurchase.

Retails for approx. $30 CAN for .5oz.  Check out Jane Iredale for more info.

What's your favourite Jane Iredale concealer or which would you most like to try? 





before


after -I can't remember if this is with powder or not but you get the idea!


 Ingredients:  Water/Eau/Aqua, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Superoxide Dismutase, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Bisabolol, Xanthan Gum. May Contain: Iron Oxides.


3 comments:

  1. I need something for dark circles but omg is this $$...but looks like it works amazingly! I'm currently looking for a good under eye concealer not tested on animals...any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is expensive but a little goes a very long way. I prefer salmon or pink concealers for under my eyes and right now the OhSudz one in warm is working REALLY well. It's so inexpensive xo

      Delete
  2. I'd like to try Jane Iredale Corrective Colors to conceal my post-acne hyperpigmentation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...