Thursday, October 18, 2012

Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion Review

My mom received this a ways back in a gift bag.  Since she has an abundance of stuff that she forgets about, I took it.  I don't normally use Burt's Bees products because they're owned by Clorox and Clorox tests on animals and it's just the total opposite of a green company.  How much faith can you really put in a company that sold their business to Clorox?  Sure the products are great but their values no longer mean much to me.  The fact that I didn't pay for it, made me feel better about using it but I won't be going out to purchase Burt's Bees products anytime soon. 

Description: For normal to dry skin, this luxurious, lightweight lotion goes to work the minute you apply it, and it’s clinically proven to moisturize for up to 24 hours. Milk nourishes while honey helps to soften skin; plus, coconut and grape seed oils and vitamin E deliver beneficial nutrients to the skin. Our dermatologist-tested formula absorbs quickly but stays with you all day and night.

It is so hydrating without feeling greasy and it calms and soothes irritated skin.  I put this on cracked elbows and knees, as well as any irritated parts from shaving and it just calms it right down.  This is a great winter time moisturizer for all and perfect for all year round use for those with dry skin or eczema prone skin.  I don't enjoy the scent but I've grown to live with it.  That's probably why I only use it at night, so that I don't have to smell it lol.  I guess it smells like milk and honey and those scents in any body product always end up smelling gross to me.  If you like those types of scents, then you'll like this.  The tube is like all others, light and durable which is great to take on the go whether it be while traveling or just to keep in your purse.  I've enjoyed what it does for my skin but won't be repurchasing when I run out.  If you currently use Burt's Bees and are in the market for a new body lotion, then I suggest trying out this product. 

Retails for approx. $12.99 for 170g and $6.99 for 70g (this is the size I have).  You can find Burt's Bees anywhere.  Check out Burt's Bees for more info.



Ingredients: Ingredients: aqua (water, eau), decyl cocoate, glycerin, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), parfum (fragrance)*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate citrate, (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), lactic acid, citric acid, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium benzoate, magnesium aluminum silicate, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, citral, coumarin, limonene. *natural fragrance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...