Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dry Skin Cure - Weleda Skin Food Review

If there's one thing I hate about Fall/Winter, besides it being cold, is that my skin can get pretty dry.  That means that my normally extra dry bits (knees, elbows, etc) get even worse and it feels like I could exfoliate my whole body with those areas.  Hmm...maybe I should try exfoliating with my elbows...imagine?  It's a little funny! My extra dry bits are no longer extra dry thanks to Weleda's Skin Food.  I won this little gem from a Facebook contest (Noah's Natural Foods) and am so glad that I did. 

Description: Intensely hydrates and cares for the skin. Ultra-moisturizing, pure Lanolin and anti-blemish, organic Pansy nourishes and soothes dry and damaged skin. A precious essential oil blend of lavender, rosemary and sweet orange oil refresh the skin and the senses. Apply this whole body cream to your skin anytime, with special attention to extra dry areas, such as the feet, hands and elbows.

This cream comes in Weleda's usual apothecary type tin which makes it super light and easy to travel with.  The texture is thick and slightly sticky, but a little goes a long way and it leaves skin nicely hydrated and dewy. I would definitely say that it's more of a "spot treatment" type product for me, I'm sure you could use it all over your body though. So far, I have been using Skin Food for 3 weeks on my elbows and knees and have noticed a tremendous difference in the way that they look and feel. I might actually try applying some to the dry patches on my face and report back. It definitely smells like a citrusy, lavender, and rosemary cocktail of some sort.  The smell is a little strong and does linger but it's definitely tolerable.   My mom had purchased a large size of Skin Food last Winter and absolutely loves it.  She still has the tube which is a clear indication of how long it lasts and she loves the smell. If I keep getting great results, I will definitely be purchasing it when I run out!

Retails for approx. $12.00 CAN for 30ml (1 FL OZ).  It also comes in 2 other sizes, a mini (.34 FL OZ) and larger (2.5 FL OZ) size.  Can be purchased at most health food stores, check out Weleda for more info.

Where do you apply Skin Food?







Ingredients (INCI): Water (Aqua), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower), Lanolin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glyceryl Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Viola Tricolor, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Calendula Officinalis, Cholesterol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*.

* from natural essential oils

4 comments:

  1. I actually -just- bought this the other day!! So far I am loving it. It melts into my skin so beautifully! Great review! :)

    http://beautybybritanie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...