Thursday, February 07, 2013

Essencia Lavender Floral Water Review

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been posting much this last week, I've been so busy with school. Posts might be few and far between this month but I will do my best to at least get 1 - 2 a week up.

Now for the purpose of this post, the review!

My all time favourite lavender water, and floral waters in general, are the ones from Pretty. They're lightly scented, hydrating and wonderful. My only issue with them is the price, approx. $16 CAN for 90 ml can get expensive if used daily. My mom had picked up the Essencia floral water to use as a toner, but passed it over to me for a couple of reasons.

Description:  Adapted to all skin types, lavender’s antiseptic, cleansing, skin healing and softening action fights imperfections. Effective against burns and skin disorders and acne. Relieves insect bites and stings, and gives new life to tired limp hair.

The Good:
  • good value for money
  • reusable glass bottle
  • pure, no alcohol or fillers
  • great for setting makeup
The Bad:
  • smells awful
  • too heavy to travel with, sometimes even to hold
  • not a fine mist
  • not hydrating
Verdict: My mom originally passed this on to me because she couldn't stand the smell. I honestly cannot even describe it using my weird references. The bottle is great because you can reuse and/or recycle it but I found the odd shape and weight uncomfortable to use. I had a hard time holding it and misting it with one hand, even when it came down to the last few uses. The price point is fantastic at under $15 CAN for 180ml but it fell regardless. I used it to remove excess cleanser, oil and makeup as well as set mineral makeup and while it did the job, it wasn't as hydrating as other lavender waters that I've used. This is the first floral water from Essencia that I have tried but can tell you that I won't repurchase or try a different one.

Retails for approx. $15 CAN for 180ml. Can be purchased at most health food stores.

Have you tried any of Essencia's floral waters?




Ingredients: 100 % natural hydrosol, from plant’s distillation; no alcohol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...