Saturday, February 23, 2013

The All Natural Face Haul #2 + First Impressions + Mini Reviews

The wonderful Caitie, from Naturalla Beauty, had posted on her Facebook page about a fab deal for The All Natural Face from yourbestdeals.com. The deal was $19 for $50 worth of product. Luckily she did because otherwise I would have missed out! Thanks Caitie!

My first ANF haul was pretty exciting. Imagine how much more exciting this haul was for me since I got to try more products! Soooo exciting...until...I received my order. The colours of what I received were just such a let down and you're about to see what I mean.




I'm going to start with the lipstick sampler which comes with five shades of choice, one clear and a lip scrub. I opted out of the scrub because it contains salicylic acid which doesn't react well with my skin. The five shades that I selected were Deep Wine, Sweet Wine, Juicy Plum, Sweetheart Pink and Cherries Jubilee. I ended up receiving two samples of Deep Wine and none of Sweet Wine. Mistakes happen. I was more disappointed to discover that they weren't what I expected in terms of shade, two look the same and one looks more like a gloss (and I'm not talking about the clear sample). They feel more like a gloss than a lipstick and have an odd plastic taste. I tried applying them with a brush and my finger, and they applied better with my finger which is how they were applied with in the pictures below. I doubt I'll be using these samples or purchasing full sizes because the taste honestly makes me gag a little and the shades aren't flattering on me except the Sweetheart Pink.




L TO R: Deep Wine, Sweetheart Pink, Cherries Jubilee & Juicy Plum. Notice how Deep Wine & Cherries Jubilee look the same?


Juicy Plum - not pigmented on the lips at all. Felt like oil being rubbed on my lips.


Deep Wine

Cherries Jubilee


Sweetheart Pink


I then picked up the Diva Eye Stix in Milk and Fawn. Bri, from iluvjesse444, has raved about the stix in Milk for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes and brow bone. How could I not pick it up if she loves it so much!? I really enjoy it! It's creamy and creates a very nice brightening effect, however, be careful with how much you apply. My skin is a bit dry and it clinged to the dry patches on my brow bone the first time that I used it. The second time I used less and it was beautiful. Lesson learnt lol. Fawn on the other hand, isn't nearly as creamy and I found I have to warm it up on the back of my hand before applying it otherwise it tugs at the delicate eye area. All in all, I'm pleased.


Top to Bottom: Milk & Fawn. Better swatch will be below.

Bri also raved about the Magic Vegan Eye Shadow Primer. I originally picked up the Oily Lid Primer which was so disappointing and creased horribly. The Magic Primer is amazing! I've only used is a couple of times but it didn't crease and helped my shadows last. I wouldn't say it lasts ALL day, like Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but it's fantastic for being a natural and vegan primer.





I love lip gloss and thought I might as well try one from the ANF. After spending a very long time going through all of the pictures and descriptions of each gloss to pick a colour that I thought would be great, I decided on Sassy Cherry. Huge mistake. When I think Cherry, I think a beautiful berry shade. Imagine my disappointment when I opened up this gloss and saw how brown it was and to make matters worse, it has the same plastic taste as the lipsticks. The smell/taste doesn't go away, it lingers and that a problem for me because I honestly can't handle it. It looks like a chocolate shade and just looks awful on me. I will not be using this gloss and I won't be trying other shades due to the scent. Perhaps of a little peppermint was added, I would give a different shade a try.




Better swatch will be below.
Here is a swatch of Sassy Cherry Lip Glss (top left corner) and the Diva Stix in Milk & Fawn

My last haul, I picked up the pot cream foundation in True Beige which was too dark for me. This haul, I picked up the same foundation but in Light Beige Warm which matches me much better. I haven't really played with this much so I don't have much to say about it. It's creamy, that's all I got :P




Last but not least, I picked up three cream blushes because they are beyond amazing! It was hard selecting shades, because again, they appear different than what's on the site. I decided on Dusky Rose, Barbie & Touch of Rose. I knew what to expect with Dusky Rose and Barbie because there's a picture of them on TANF cream blush section, however, Touch of Rose was disappointing. It's lighter than what I expected seeing the powdered version. I find it to be more of a bronzey, pink highlight. I'm not thrilled with it, that's for sure. Barbie is really pretty, not as pigmented as the other cream blushes but definitely buildable. Dusky rose is really pretty as well, it blends out to give you a nice "touch of rose" look or you can build it to get a darker rose appearance.

Sorry they're dirty, I swatched them the second I got them and they're hard to clean.
L to R: Dusky Rose, Barbie & Touch of Rose

L to R: Touch of Rose, Barbie & Dusky Rose


I lied, cream blushes weren't last. I got three eye shadow samples in Smolder, Raw Steel and Creme Brulee. I was disappointed with Smolder, it's not as pigmented as I expected. Raw Steel is really pretty, thought it would be darker but it's not bad. Creme Brulee is my favouriteeee! So shimmery and just a great neutral champagne type shade for everyday wear.




This was so much longer than I expected but it's great to see swatches to help you decide what to order, should you choose to order from The All Natural Face. Their products, for the most part, are wonderful and their pricing can't be beat but they need to get up pictures of all of their cream product shades and better pictures/swatches of their lip shades.

What are you most excited to order from The All Natural Face?

18 comments:

  1. I have never tried their lipsticks, but I have one lipgloss and I know what you mean by taste. I dislike it, too. The tinted lip balm, however, is nice. Though there is only one color that is not such a warm red. This shade is called Blush Pink. I need cool colors and there is not much variety, most of their colors are very warm and alike I feel. I also miss better swatches on their site. Since I have tried a lot from them, I know now what I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer cool colours too, on my lips anyway, and their stuff is definitely all warm (orange & brown)..blah. I'm glad so many of you feel the same.

      Delete
  2. Yes I sampled their lip glosses and lipsticks a while ago and wasn't a huge fan, both for color accuracy and consistency. I never bought the full-sized. It's an amazing company but the lip products aren't their strength in my opinion, until they re-formulate. Thx for the swatches of the cream blushes, I have one but it doesn't show much on my skin so I want to get a different shade.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lips are for sure not their strength lol. Which cream blush do you have?

      Delete
  3. You're welcome! Sorry to hear your order was so disappointing though. I feel like maybe they have some quality control/consistency issues and that's why the colours are so different from their photos. I got the Peachy Rose cream blush too and going off your photos, mine definitely has more brown it in than yours. And I got one of the peppermint glosses based off a swatch on another blog and again it's a pretty different colour than I was expecting. It does taste fine though :)

    I agree with you - overall they seem a good company, but things like this make it hard to know what to order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really eh? I never thought of quality control issues but that would make the most sense. I guess since it's being made by hand there's constantly different variations, they need to work on that big time. Hurry up and put up a haul so I can see what you got! lol

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reviewing the lipsticks as I couldn't find any reviews for them on their site! I will hold back as I am very sensitive to scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :). I do recommend their cream blushes though, you can use them on your lips as well xo

      Delete
  6. Will do, thank you! I am expecting my first order which is their vegan tinted BB cream & light beige warm cream foundation. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! Would love your feedback on the BB cream, haven't tried it

      Delete
  7. Np: I got my order Saturday & was very excited. Unfortunately, & to my great disappointment neither the color "tint" or the formula (might be allergic to one of the ingredients) for the BB cream worked with my skin. :'( I called the company, & Crystal told me no problem that I could return the BB cream with a note as to what I want to do (refund or exchange). So I might do an exchange for one of the cream blushes you have on your pics & Caitie's pics are very good too. However, the cream foundation was excellent! Great match & the formula was/is so soothing! I really love it.Thanks again for your site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update! Too bad it didn't work for you, I love that Crystal is on point with her customer service and offered a refund/exchange. Caitie did a whole post dedicated to the cream blushes, she took amazing pictures. You'll love them for sure, I haven't heard one bad thing about them.
      What's your skin type like and how did you apply the cream foundation? It was very cakey on me, perhaps I'm not applying it properly.

      Delete
  8. Hi! Sorry for delay! I have combo skin sometimes its a little oily and at times dehydrated but that's probably because I'm not drinking enough water. Yes, I've used it three times and still very happy! I use a small foundation sponge that Crystal provided with the foundation. I could only think of that the formula was probably improved sometime after you tried it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great. As long as you're still loving it and it's working well for you, that's what matters xo

      Delete
  9. And you were right....I do love the cream blushes...ordered Dusky Rose. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!! I should of sent you mine, I used it maybe 3 or 4 times. Enjoy love! xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...