Sunday, May 27, 2012

Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream Review

Eye and face cream are the two hardest things for me to find and love, mostly because I'm easily irritated or breakout.  My eyes are sooooooooo dry, well...the skin below my eyes are.  Come winter or summer, they need a little extra love and attention.  I tried this eye cream in the winter and instantly fell in love.

Claim: Ultra-rich Vitamin C from the seed of the New Zealand Kiwi fruit works superbly to help repair damaged tissue. Containing carrot seed oil, aloe gel and 100% pure avocado oil, this is a fragrance-free product your skin will love. Kiwi seed oil helps restore delicate tissue, aloe vera plant gel both cools and calms, jojoba oil conditions. Scientifically shown to stimulate synthesis of collagen production in human skin cells by up to 82%.

This eye cream feels light but is pretty rich in texture.  The jar is big considering you just need the tiniest amout for both eyes.  Since we're on the jar topic, that's my only actual problem, I wish it had a pump :(.  I hate sticking my finger in it and when it got to the end, I had to scoop it with a Qtip to get it all out.  It doesn't smell like anything, it doesn't irritate my eyes and it's a multipurpose cream.  Multipurpose you say?  Yes, I do say.  I used this cream on my dry elbows, knees and my eczema patch that developed on my face from over exfoliation.  Miracleeee! Not only did it keep my eyes super hydrated, but also aided in the going away party for my ezcema and helped smooth out my elbows and knees better than any body cream I've ever tried.  I didn't see a difference in my fine lines and while that is a concern of mine, hydration is more important.  Most firming eye products are some sort of gel, they tighten but also cause my eyes to be a tad dry.  I know this eye cream didn't claim to tighten, it was more of a random thought lol.  It is supposed to stimulate collagen which would plump and smooth out wrinkles and lines but since that wasn't my main focus, I didn't notice if that part of the claim was true.  Would I repurchase?  Yes I most definitely would!  It was also a Bazaar Beauty Award 2011 winner!

What's your favourite eye cream?

Retails for approx $42 CAN. You can purchase it at www.hipapotheca.com  (they currently have 30% off Antipodes products), http://www.antipodesnature.us/ and Whole Foods.


Finished and threw out before taking a picture - taken from
 http://www.integralsense.com/antipodes-wins-best-global-eye-cream-2011-harpers-bazaar/
                       
30ML / 1.0 FL OZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...