Monday, May 21, 2012

100% Pure Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser Review

Cleansers, the first step in most people's beauty regime.  I like to try new cleansers pretty regularly because I like to find new gems.  In the summer, my skin can handle all the testing of different products so that is the season where I try the most products.  In the winter, I stick to one cleanser because my skin will react to a snowflake.  Okay, okay I'm being a tad dramatic but my skin is super sensitive in the winter.  It's weird how different seasons can have such an impact on our skin and hair.  I have only tried a couple of 100% Pure's cleansers and this one was alright.

Claim: SKIN BRIGHTENING COLLECTION was formulated specifically to enliven dull looking complexion to make it more vibrant, healthy and glowing. Rather than using harsh chemical skin lighteners, this 100% Pure formula gets its brightening effect from all natural, gentle ingredients like bearberry, kojic acid, sake, fruit acids, licorice, vitamin c, lemon juice and strawberries. This skin brightening facial cleanser washes away makeup (including eye makeup) and other impurities while aloe juice and rose hydrosol hydrates and soothes. 

This cleanser smells really nice, I enjoy the foaming action, and it leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed.  BUT, of course there's a but, I don't see any brightening happening nor do I find it "hydrates".  Foaming cleansers in general are a tad drying, this one leaves my skin feeling a tad dry.  This would work great when it's warmer out because my skin will be oilier and this cleanser would create a wonderful squeaky clean feel.  I usually use this at night, after removing my makeup with coconut oil, but have used it to remove makeup on those lazy nights (you know what I'm talking about, we all have them).  It does sting my eyes a bit and it doesn't fully remove my mascara.  I would recommend this product if your skin is combo/oily or if you're using a moisturizer/serum after.  Will I repurchase?  No.  I would like to try some of their other foaming cleansers as they have about 5 different ones.

Retails for approx $25 CAN.  You can purchase it at www.100percentpure.ca , Pretty in Pink Spa http://www.prettyinpinkspa.ca/ and The Big Carrot www.thebigcarrot.ca.


Skin Brightening Facial Cleanser
Finished and threw out before taking a picture - taken directly from 100% Pure

                  
Ingredients:Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Juice)1, Organic Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Rose Hydrosol)2, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract (Lemon Juice), Cocos Nucifera (Saponified Coconut) Oil, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf (Bearberry) Extract, Kojic Acid, Extracts of Fragaria Vesca Fruit (Strawberry), Rubus Idaeus Fruit (Raspberry) and Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root, Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Extracts of Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Bromelian (Pineapple Bromelian), Papain (Papaya Papain) and Vaccinum Macrocarpon Fruit (Cranberry), Citrus Paradisi Peel Oil (Pink Grapefruit), Citrus Medica Limonum Peel (Lemon) Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) Extract
1 Certified Organic by SGS Organic
2 Certified Organic by Ceres GmbH
Net wt. 170 g/ 6 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...