Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Weleda Calendula Shampoo & Body Wash Review

The Weleda Calendula Baby Face Cream is one of my favourite products of all time and calendula is one of my favourite ingredients of all time. It's perfect for soothing sensitive skin (babies and adults). Since the shampoo and body wash has been on my wish list for far too long, I decided to grab it for my vacay and use it for it's intended purposes.


Description: Formulated with the mildest organic and natural plant-based cleansers, Weleda Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash is gentle and tear-free. Biodynamic® and organic calendula flower extract in this all natural baby shampoo soothes and softens your baby’s hair and skin. Sweet almond oil absorbs fast and easily to keep your baby’s skin and hair from losing precious moisture. The gentle, effective formula of our Weleda Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash has a light and delicate fragrance that turns an ordinary bath time into a full-body pampering.

I love the "light and delicate" fragrance of this wash, those are the perfect words to describe it. It smells like a much less intense version of the face cream. The bottle is beautifully designed and none of it leaked in my suitcase, bonus points! The consistency is milky, very creamy, but it still lathers nicely on a loofa. I think that it would have made more sense for the cap to be on the top of the bottle given the consistency. Won't stop be from using it though, it's all just preference really. My skin is left feeling clean and nourished, and my scalp is left feeling well cleansed and soothed. It provides just enough moisture for my hair that a conditioner isn't necessary. It does what it's supposed to without irritating my skin or scalp. It's another fantastic product from their baby line and one I'll likely keep around.

Retails for approx. $13 CAN for 200ml. Can be purchased through Weleda and most health food stores and online retailers.

What's your favourite Weleda Baby product?  




Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Coco-Glucoside, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Alcohol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*.
*from natural essential oils
post signature

9 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I've been reading it for over a year and I appreciate your honest, forthright reviews. When I saw your vacation photos, I wanted to ask what shampoo/conditioner you were using because your hair is so shiny in some of the pictures! (But I don't know, maybe your hair is always like that?) The Weleda shampoo probably wouldn't be moisturizing enough for my hair type, but I might give it a try anyway since, if it doesn't work out, it can also be used as a body wash. My favorite Weleda products are the Skin Food and the Salt Toothpaste. Will definitely be trying the face cream soon after reading about it so often here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misha! Thanks so much for the kind words, I'm thrilled to know you enjoy my blog and reviews. My hair is, and I'm totally not trying to brag, always pretty shiny. Since it's so fine though, it can often times look greasy. You're right to say that if it doesn't work, you can use it as a body wash. It really works great both ways and since it's moisturizing, it'll be great for your skin during this time of month. Let me know what you think of the wash and cream when you try them! xo

      Delete
  2. This is now on my list for next time! I was curious if it would actually work as a shampoo, but since you like it I've got try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might work better for you since your hair is thicker and curly, might still need a conditioner though. Definitely surprised me because body/hair washes are so ify. xo

      Delete
  3. I just wish Weleda would declare their Parfum ingredients, so frustrating when you have allergies :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :(. Maybe you can directly email them and they'll disclose that to you? xo

      Delete
  4. Nice review! have been using this shampoo/ bodywash for my kids and cannot find any better! really like it too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Glad it's working for your whole family. Gotta love when products like this actually turn out to be winners. xo

      Delete
  5. I would just like to say firstly what an informative blog you have, although many of the ingredients/products are not known to me in England. I have to comment on your review of Weleda baby shampoo/body wash. I have been having problems not only with shampoos but with shower gels which contain irritating coconut derivatives. I do visit an allergist/kinesiologist and between us we have isolated that what had been making me feel unwell was a chemical compound - coconut derivative. So many shampoos and shower gels are loaded with 'nasty' compounds. Yesterday I tried the Weleda shampoo and was amazed at the lack of 'nasties' in the product. So far so good and you don't seem to need much of it for a shampoo.
    Keep up the great blog - Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...