Tuesday, August 06, 2013

July 2013 Favourites!

I've been fairly adventurous lately with trying new products and July was a month filled with them. Many of them were used for only half the month, and no reviews have been written yet, but I'm including them anyway! Sue me (don't actually).


Jojoba Oil - Since running out of my DIY Oil Cleanser, I decided to use up this bottle that has been hanging around to remove my makeup. It's so lovely! It works very well to remove my makeup, is a light and almost water-like textured oil that never feels heavy, and it hasn't broken me out (A+ for that).

DIY Toner (in Pangea bottle) - I have been playing around with different toner ingredients to find something that is affordable and works well. This is basically a mixture of aloe and apple cider vinegar. My previous bottle was the same with the addition of essential oils. My next bottle with likely include green tea. When I get a bottle/batch that I'm beyond in love with, I'll do a post. For now, know I'm enjoying the current mixture and plan on making it better.

Sephora Silicone Cleansing/Exfoliating Pad - I've had this pad for ages, like well over a year. I use it, stop, use it, stop, and have finally decided to just incorporate it into my skin care regime daily. It's extremely gentle, easy to clean and affordable. Love it to bits, so much that I have a backup..what? Judge free zone, remember that.

SBT Seabuckthorn Tea Cream - This is a lovely light moisturizer that's been working well to keep my dehydrated skin hydrated. It has virtually no scent and is chock full of my beloved sea buckthorn oil. Review to come.

Pure Anada African Gold - This gem is pure, unrefined shea butter infused with African Marula Oil. It's worked wonders on my dry patches (face and body) and I swear it's lessened the appearance of my frown line. Review to come.


Consonant The Perfect Sunscreen + Alima Pure Foundation - For the first half of the month, I was mixing the sunscreen with the foundation to create a beautiful light to medium coverage tinted moisturizer. The combo worked really well, even though the colour was slightly off, and it just gave my skin a really nice glow while offering a sufficient amount of coverage..but...then..the next item came along.

Pure Anada Pressed Foundation - I have two shades, Very Fair and Light, both of which work for me. I played with both shades and Light seems to be a good match for me with my tan. It's amazing! It creates a flawless finish, wears beautifully all day, and doesn't cling (too much) to dry/dehydrated patches. Review to come.  Side note: I have a swatch on my hand below, of my next two favourites, which allows you to see my skin tone shade right now and might help you put Very Fair and Light in perspective.


The All Natural Face Touch of Rose Cream Blush + Alima Pure Freja Luminous Shimmer Blush (swatch below) - most beautiful combo ever. Touch of Rose just gives the cheeks a beautiful glow on it's own, then you add Freja to give it that gorgeous pink pop. It's so natural and so beautiful. I can definitely see myself picking up a full size of Freja when my sample runs out.

Top to bottom: Touch of Rose, Freja


Dr. Mist Deodorant - This stuff is fantastic for summer. It's unscented, keeps me fairly dry and stink-free for most of the day. I added some peppermint oil for a little spunk and to keep it fresh and cool when applying to my underarms. LOVE!

What did you love in July?

10 comments:

  1. I would be curious to try the Dr. Mist! I am always on the hunt for a good natural deodorant. Where did you pick it up?

    Also, have you ever tried Earth to Body products? I'm obsessed with the Anti-odour Bar...plus, they are a Canadian company, so hopefully the shipping will be fast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked it up from Whole Foods but I've seen it at most larger health food stores in my area.

      No I haven't! I will check out their anti ordor bar, thank you!

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of all the amazing Canadian brands you have been featuring on here. I am really interested to see your reviews especially on the Pure Anada products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha and I'm jealous of all the amazing American brands you always feature :p. Spoiler alert, I'm in LOVE with all of the Pure Anada products that I've been lucky to try

      Delete
  3. Interesting products you have here, always good to see what others are enjoying using :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more, love seeing what others are loving in other countries :)

      Delete
  4. Always fun to see what others are using up...I'm also playing around with toner combos. I haven't picked up any jojoba oil yet but I might consider that to take off my makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you come up with :). Jojoba is fantastic, I prefer it to coconut oil for makeup removal actually.

      Delete
  5. Love that you're trying a DIY toner - I did too, recently, but I'm so impatient in seeing whether anything works! TANF has been on my wishlist for quite some time, so I might have a butchers at that now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm also impatient and thats why I never did an actual post on it lol. Plus, as product hoarders, we love trying new stuff. Try the ANF cream blushes, they're amazing and affordable! xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...