Monday, April 28, 2014

Rave Review: NBW Healing Balm

I've longed to find a natural alternative to polysporin. One that's small and easy to travel with, easy to apply, and actually works. My boss has been begging me to give NBW's Healing Balm a try for months, promising me that it'll work on the eczema (or contact dermatitis, didn't have a doctor confirm) on my fingers. Finally, I gave in and bought it.

NBW is a small Canadian company who makes their products, in Guelph, Ontario, in small batches. They pride themselves on using only "certified organic, fair trade and non-GMO ingredients from natural sources to create safe and effective skin care. Our products are free from: petroleum, parabens, sulphates, glycols, artificial fragrance, and colour."

Read more about NBW here.


My hands were baaaaadd. As an aesthetician, who needs her hands for just about all services, I found myself wearing gloves all the time because I feared that people would think I had a contagious skin disease. Plus, my skin was so dry that it kept splitting and bleeding. Within days of using powder free gloves and this balm, the redness, itching, and dry patches on my fingers were significantly reduced, and the splits began to heal. Within two weeks, all that was left was a little redness. Miracle worker? I'd say so!  I love how easy the tube makes it to apply to specific areas without needing to massage it in. I mean, you could massage it in as well. I've even applied this on other cuts, bruises, and itchy spots on my body, and it's worked brilliantly.

With ingredients like calendula, chickweed, and plantain, is it really a shock that it works so well? All three are known to soothe, calm, clean, disinfect, and heal all sorts of skin ailments, both internally and externally. The only thing that I don't like in this product, is the soya oil. I try to avoid soy/soya because my hormones are already messed up since coming off birth control and I've read (whether fact or fiction) that it can actually mess with them. I don't know whether it's true or not, but either way I try to avoid it when possible. That being said, they've actually reformulated it and changed the label. It is now called Stimulate and Heal Balm, AMAZINGNESS! I'm happy to confirm that it works just as well as their old formulation, minus the soya oil. I highly recommend this if you are looking for an on the go, easy to use polysporin alternative for yourself or little ones.

Retails for approx. $16 CDN for 16g. Can be purchased through NBW or you can contact them to find a retailer closest to you.




post signature

4 comments:

  1. This would be a great addition to my natural first aid kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I need to get my hands on this. Thanks for sharing Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! You will love it! I'm sure it would work on bug bites too..maybe...lol xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...