Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DeVita Solar Body Block SPF 30+ Review

I recently reviewed the DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 which is for my face and I love it.  My boyfriend was smart enough to remember that I wanted this specific sunscreen and smart enough to buy it for me for my birthday.  I trained him well! lol I'm kidding, he's just a good guy in general.  I've had the opportunity to try it out for a couple of weeks and must say that I really love it.

Claim: Rich, effective body moisturizer and sun screen all in one! Absorbs quickly and is not oily or greasy. Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with a USFDA Monograph Sun Protection Factor Determination test level of 32. NO NANO TECHNOLOGY! (average particle size is 240 nm)
100% natural, absorbs quickly and is never oily or greasy. Offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection with a USFDA Monograph Sun Protection Factor Determination test level of 32. This is a gentle, soothing physical sun block that is skin-friendly and suitable for sensitive skin. Penetrates deep into your skin giving it back the look and feel of it's elasticity after just a few applications. Revitalizes, softens and moisturizes skin leaving it with a satin sheen. DeVita skin care products are 100 percent Vegan and Paraben Free. They are considered Gluten Sensitive Safe and never contain GMO's. DeVita products are never tested on animals (only humans!).

I'm going to start off with the bad, it's expensive.  Now I can get into why I love it.  It's definitely hydrating without feeling greasy on my skin.  It has a very light sunscreen scent that is not overwhelming or annoying.  It rubs so nicely into the skin without effort and keeps me from getting burnt, or further burnt.  I used it at the cottage last week and was kind of burnt on my arms already, it didn't get worse over the weekend. I use it daily on my arms and decollete areas since those are my most exposed on a daily bases.  I really enjoying using it, it's a great sunscreen.  We'll see what happens when I go on vacation, which won't be until the new year but still.  I would repurchase for sure.

Retails for approx. $35 for 210ml.  Check out www.devitaskincare.com for more information.  Can be purchased at The Big Carrot www.bigcarrot.ca.

What's your favourite sunscreen?




ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Zinc oxide 19%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aloe barbadensis (certified organic aloe vera gel), Water (purified), Camellia sinensis (Japanese green tea) leaf extract, Capric/caprylic triglycerides (derived from coconut oil), Glycerin (vegetable), Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Olea europaea (olive) oil, Lecithin phospholipid, Hyaluronic acid (vegan source), Simmondsia chinensis* (jojoba) seed oil, Squalane (olive), Panthenol (vitamin B5), Tocopherol (vitamin E), NaPCA, Rosa moschata (rose hips) oil, Centella asiatica (goto kola), Copper gluconate, Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, Fucus vesiculosis (seaweed) extract, Allantoin, Sodium riboflavin phosphate, Chondrus crispus (Irish moss), Lavandula officinalis* (lavender) essential oil, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower essential oil, Vitis vinifera* (grape) seed extract. Ingredient labeling adheres to international INCI standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...